Monday, October 27, 2008

Taylor's Conferences

You don't always see Taylor in our pics because well she's at the age (13) where it isn't cool to hang out with the family. Especially when you have a 6 year old sister and 3 year old brother. We tend to do a lot of things for their age group. We did the same things when she was their age. I always feel bad when she doesn't make a post because she wasn't there. This post is an opportunity to brag about her newest interest and accomplishment. This post is all about Taylor.

Taylor has taken up a love of running. She has gone to Track camp for 2 years now. This seems to be the only sport where she will ask if she can go practice. She always wants to go for a run. We are happy she has found something she loves in addition to dance.

Last week Darnel and I went to her Fall conference. She is doing very well, A's and B's. When we went up to her PE teacher I introduced myself and said I was Taylor's mom. He said, "She's fast!" Darnel and I smiled and he said, "No, I mean SHE IS FAST!" He continued to say that she has beaten most of the boys and has broken many of the school records. We were very pleased. He then said, "I think she is State fast!" Well that always makes a parent feel good because with that could come scholarships. We are so happy for her that she has found something she loves and obviously something she is good at. Hopefully this continues to be a strong sport for her that she can pursue in High School. Way to go Tay! We are so proud of you.

No comments: