Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cotillion


Taylor and her BFF Cara


Every year the 7th graders have the opportunity to sign up for cotillion. I'm sure the kids don't see it as an opportunity but as parents it is money well spent. Cotillion meets for six weeks. The instructors teach them how to dance, not hip hop dance and etiquette. According to Taylor they danced to boring music and were taught the proper way to socialize at a party as a guest and a hostess. At the end of the six weeks they have a final dance. We spent many nights at the mall looking for the perfect dress. Taylor and I had different visions of the perfect dress. I wanted her to get something she could wear for the dance and Christmas Eve. Taylor wanted more of a cocktail dress. We kind of agreed upon a black sweater dress. Maybe agreed isn't the right word, she was against it until I bribed her with another shirt if she got the sweater dress. The sweater dresses look so good on her, but she'll never admit that. The final dance was an ice cream social at an area country club. They practiced a lot of the dances they were taught during the six weeks. They also did a lot of the line dances that the kids love. Taylor won second place for her dance moves during Cupid Shuffle. After the dance she did admit that it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I always wondered how to spell 'cotillion'.

T-bone, you're going to have to teach me the 'cupid shuffle'!

amy said...

Don't count on my spelling being correct. I think it is, but then again I did guess.