Monday, August 25, 2008

Feed the Frost

Today I'm sure our friends thought I never feed my children. After school today I stopped by a friends house. The family recently had their kitchen redone so I wanted to stop in drop off a bug for a school project and see the new kitchen. Our 5 minute stop turned into 45 minutes due to us talking and the kids playing. As we were visiting I heard her son say to Trey and Laney, "Do you want a snack?" Those 5 words are like music to Trey's ears. He LOVES snacks. Meals not so much but if you have snacks he will eat all day and be your best friend. Adam (her son) put a few Ritz crackers in Trey's hand and handed a few to Laney. Trey as usual asked for a bag. Meanwhile he realized he didn't really like the Ritz crackers(they do this to me all the time at home, usually after they beg for a new kind of snack at the store). Adam then said. "I also have Scobby Doo Treats" Trey's head immediately spun around and he ran to Adam who now held the Scobby Doo Snacks. Adam poured the box into 2 bags for Laney and Trey. This was the beginning of my kids eating ALL of the food in our friend's house.

Fast forward 3 hours-

After Taylor and her friend worked for 3 hours on their project her friend's mom brought her home. When she walked in the door with a pizza box. I asked why she had the pizza. She said, "It's from dinner at Cara's". I asked if her parents told her to take the pizza home and she said no, Cara did. I said, "You just took the pizza home without her parents telling you to!". She said well Cara said I could.
I immediately got on the phone and apologized for my child taking almost an entire pizza home from their house. The mom explained that it was sausage pizza and they don't eat sausage, so it was fine. I feel like my kids only want to eat when it is someone elses food. So to all of you that have fed my children at one time or another I want you to know that I do feed them, they just love eating other peoples food.

No comments: