Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quotes from Trey

This has many random conversations. For those who know me well that is not unusual. I often skip from one thought to the next losing whoever is listening in the process. This drives Darnel crazy but he has learned to keep up and try his best to at least pretend like he knows what I am talking about at that moment.

Today was the 2nd day of school. Delaney came out of her room in a striped dress and braided pig tails. Trey looked at her and said, "Oh! You look beautiful!"

With it just being the two of us at home now Trey loves having the chance to get a word in. We often hear him say, "It's my turn." When we are all talking and he has something to say. Today we dropped Delaney off at school and as usual Trey asked, "Where are we going?" I told him we needed to go to the bank before going home. We stopped at the ATM at the bank to make a deposit and headed home. When we pulled in the driveway Trey said, "I thought we were going to the bank." I guess since I didn't go to the drive thru lane with a teller he missed the whole bank stop. I said, "We did go to the bank, I put a check in the machine." Trey said, "Was it a big one." I said, "I wish!"
After thinking about our conversation I think he was wondering if the machine was big, not the check.


Trey ran past me saying, "I'm going potty." When I finished what I was doing I went to check on him. He was finished going potty and was now dumping out the bowl from his potty seat into the toilet. Then he went to the sink to rinse the bowl out. Throughout this process he sang, I'm a helper, I'm a helper.

No comments: